Monday, February 15, 2016

Never Thought I'd see the Day!

February Snow! That's the way it should be, right? 
I look out over the white landscape and wonder, how could it ever be more beautiful than this. The neutral colors of a winter's day give my mind a quiet background to work with! 
The only color break, is found in the exotic feathers of the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Purple Finches and various red and black woodpeckers that visit our backyard birdfeeding station. 

As my husband and I have discovered, there is great pleasure in simply 'watching' the birds swoop in for their daily fare. 

"Never thought I'd see the day", is a thought that flits through my consciousness.........
Never thought my husband and I would be content to simply enjoy nature without making any requirements on it.........
Never thought I would have a hard time getting up and down a flight of stairs.
Never thought after a half a day of wood cutting, we would need a full day to rest up! 
Never thought the simple tasks of daily life would wear us out!

These are the "never thoughts" of aging. Also, never thought THAT would happen! 
We planned to stay as young and active as when we were in our 30's! We could practically move mountains in our 30's! 
So, what has happened to us now that we are in our 60's has taken us both completely by surprise! 

There are some much more serious, "never thoughts" in our world today, though aren't there. 
I heard on the radio the other day that a Christian author has written a book with that title.
Without even knowing what it is about, I have some guesses that I think may be right or at least on the right track.

How about these "never thoughts".
Never thought I'd see the day when two people of the same gender would be able to get married.
Never thought I'd see the day when if one thinks that it is against the plan of God for them to marry, there would be people in the CHURCH who would disagree and tell you that you are not reading the bible correctly. 

Never thought I'd see the day when abortion was not only legal but funded by our government. 
Never thought I'd see the day when people in the CHURCH did not believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.
Never thought I'd see the day when a homosexual could be a pastor.
Never thought I'd see the day when I thought I must qualify that I am a Christian by saying that I am a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, because to simply say that I am a Christian can leave a lot of room for interpretation. 
Just a few of the hundreds of never thoughts that might come to mind. 

But one thing remains the same no matter what we think. 
And that is our Sovereign Almighty Unchanging Everlasting God. 
I am so thankful that no matter what thoughts men or women might think........... we cannot ever, no never, undo or override the perfect plan of God! 
I take great joy and comfort in knowing that truth! Don't you? 
I know I will have to make peace with the "never thoughts" of aging, but I do not have to agree with nor condone the "never thoughts" of society. I can still pray. And so I shall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment